Per Diem Therapist Position Available
Healthy Minded Kids is seeking a therapist wishing to work comprehensively with young children (0-12) and their families in a private practice setting. The ideal candidate is interested in learning the skills needed to build a private therapy practice, has flexible hours (after school hours a must), and is experienced in play therapy and/or interested in receiving supervision in play therapy.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or Marriage & Family Therapy (or the equivalent) from an accredited university or college in the field of counseling, social work, psychology, or related human service.
- Licensed in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or Marriage & Family Therapy. Candidates not yet licensed but working towards Social Work licensure will be considered.
- Registered Play Therapist, working toward becoming a Registered Play Therapist, and/or Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health experience.
- Supervision for licensure in Social Work and in becoming a Registered Play Therapist may be available for highly motivated candidates.
- Minimum of two years experience working with children and families in the mental health field.
- Understanding of the stages of child/adolescent growth and development.
- Demonstrate cultural competence and awareness of the socio-cultural characteristics of clients served.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.